Finding a good venue for your party requires a lot of work and considerations. You must choose an ideal venue, so guests can conveniently reach the place. It is always better that personally drop by the venue to see if it fits the theme of your party, before finalising and committing to any one location.
Here are some things that can help you choose a good party venue:
- Location: Laruche considers this the most important consideration. Venues conveniently located and covered by public transport services are ideal. Parties in remote areas or those that do not accommodate public access or parking areas will turn off most guests.
- Number of attendees: the venue of your choice must be big enough to hold all your guests, but not too big that your venue would look empty even with people in it. Have your guests RSVP, so that you know how big a venue you need.
- Catering and decoration: Often, many venues offer catering and decoration services, among others. Check whether the venues you have in mind offer such services, since it reduces your work of finding separate decorators and caterers for your party.
- Weather and climate: Consider various other factors, such as the weather or the climate. If you are hosting your party during the summer, either find venues that have centralized cooling systems, or host your party outdoors.
- Dress code: Your choice of location could also be affected by whether your party is a formal or informal one. Formal parties require more formal venues, obviously, while informal parties can have more casual venues. Cocktail parties can be either.
Finding party venues is just a matter of prudence, patience, and a little bit of luck. After all, you might have done everything in your power to get the best deal, but if the hall is occupied at the time of your event, you could do nothing but resort to your Option B.