Emotional health lets you live a more fulfilling life. When you are emotionally healthy, you experience a sense of well-being, a zest for life. You can cope with stress and avoid depression and other such concerns. In other words, you’re happy.
Depression is a mood disorder that is widely prevalent across the globe. It not only affects your ability to be happy, but also your thoughts, feelings and actions. While therapy and anti-depressants are generally prescribed for people who experience this disorder, there are newer, healthier options for treatment available these days.
According to the website shopsupplementcenter.com, mood enhancers and other natural supplements are an option. These products consist of natural ingredients, like vitamins, herbs and supplements, which are known to enhance a person’s mood.
Some of the most common herbs and vitamins used as mood enhancers include:
- St. John’s Wort – this yellow flower is believed to have many compounds that are beneficial to emotional and mental health. Its leaves and flowers are ingredients for products prescribed to battle sleep disorders, treat wounds, bug bites, etc. St. John’s Wort can be consumed as tablets, capsules, teas or liquid extract.
– Valerian – made from dried roots, this is an herbal remedy usually taken as sleep aids or as anxiety relievers.
– SAME (S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine) – this is derived from a particular amino acid, and is commonly believed to have mood enhancing properties.
– Omega-3 fatty acids: found commonly in foods like flaxseed and oily fish, the Omega-3 fatty acids have many useful implications, apart from mood enhancement, like lesser cardiovascular disease risks.
– B vitamins – B vitamins, like folate (found in nuts, meat, fruits and vegetables), have been found to have natural mood enhancing properties.
Other alternative treatment forms that have been found to have beneficial effects, including for countering depression, are acupuncture, aromatherapy, biofeedback, guided imagery, massage therapy, and yoga and meditation. When combined with dietary supplements containing natural substances found to enhance one’s mood, healthier and higher quality life becomes a possibility.Read More